Help others navigate their career pathways to success and economic self-sustainability
Right now, more than one in three Minnesota employees living and working in the nine-county Metro are earning sub-living wages. The cost to meet the basic needs of a family of four is approximately $58,000 or $14.03 per hour for both adults working full-time. 39% of the Metro jobs pay less than $14.03.
You have the power and the skills to change that statistic. As an Opportunity Corps Member, you’ll work with people in Twin Cities Metro Area who are economically disadvantaged due to underemployment and/or under-education. You will provide research-based instruction and tools to help program participants navigate employment and/or post-secondary education to meet their career goals and get a living-wage job.
In return, you’ll receive:
- A modest living allowance
- Education award of up to $5,920
- Extensive training, including nationally-recognized Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) training
- Professional development opportunities
- Additional benefits, if eligible
- The pride of knowing you have given the chance to build a brighter future for your neighbors and your community
Our goal is to ensure all Minnesotans are earning a living wage and become economically sustainable. With your help, we can make this goal a reality.
2018-19 Partner Organizations
We are thrilled to partner with the following organizations in the 2018-19 program year!
Click the logo to learn more about each organization